Maple Balsamic Roasted Winter Vegetables
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1 – 1 1/2 in. chunks
1/2 – 1 lb. carrots, cut into chunks
3-4 beets, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ slices
3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. thyme
fresh ground pepper
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375° F and spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick pan spray.
- Prepare vegetables as directed in ingredient list, trying to keep them close to the same size. Place them into a large bowl.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients except rosemary. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the mix and pour the rest evenly over the vegetables, tossing them together so all vegetables are coated with the maple-balsamic sauce.
- Pour into the prepared pan and arrange them evenly over the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and arrange rosemary sprigs on top of the vegetables.
- Slide the pan into the oven and roast at 375° F for 45-60 minutes until tender or cooked to desired tenderness, stopping to pour remaining sauce over the vegetables about 10 minutes before they are done.
- Remove from oven. Serve and enjoy!