Roasted Potatoes with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Rosemary
• 3 lbs waxy potatoes such as Red, Yukon Gold or yellow cut into 1 in cubes or 1 in thick rounds.
• 1 (8 oz.) jar Frank’s Pickled Peppers Sun Dried Tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Rosemary, minced
• 2 tsp garlic salt
• fresh ground pepper to taste
• (optional) grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place cut potatoes in a plastic bag with reserved oil. Seal and toss to completely coat the potatoes. Arrange the potatoes in a ceramic 2-1/2- to 3-quart covered casserole dish or dutch oven with lid, or a roasting pan.
3. Sprinkle potatoes with the garlic salt, rosemary, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese and pepper.
4. Cover with lid, or if using roasting pan, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove lid and continuing baking for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a toothpick.
6. Garnish with minced fresh parsley, if desired.
For Crispier Potatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Add potatoes to a pot and cover potatoes with water.
3. Boil potatoes uncovered for 10 min. Drain.
4. Place potatoes in a bowl and mix with the reserve oil to coat potatoes well. Potatoes may fluff when you mix like when you make mashed potatoes. This makes for lots of crispy bits!
5. Place coated potatoes in baking pan or dish.
6. Roast uncovered for 30 min or until browned.
7. Sprinkle the potatoes with garlic salt, sun dried tomatoes and rosemary and continue roasting for an additional 5 min.
8. Add grated cheese, mix well and serve hot.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings